Vision, Mission, Purpose & Core Values
Vision statement – Our aspiration for the future
To be a significant player in the oil and gas industry.
Mission statement – Why we exist?
Ensuring the security and efficiency of supply of petroleum products for Botswana and facilitation of Citizen Emerging Companies.
How will the national oil company of Botswana achieve its strategic intent?
Botswana Oil Limited aims to meet its strategic objectives by ensuring:
- Optimally manage the Government’s strategic fuel stocks
- Procure and secure fuel supplies on behalf of the Government
- Develop opportunities to generate income from fuel storage facilities
- Ensure continuous national fuel supplies
- Create alternative supply routes to mitigate risks associated with single source supply
- Develop strategic partnerships with key international and regional stakeholders in the oil industry
- Ensure security and efficiency of supply of petroleum products for Botswana
- Manage state owned strategic fuel reserve facilities
- Rent out fuel storage facilities
- Wholesale distribution of petroleum products
- Facilitate participation of Citizen Emerging Companies in the petroleum sector
Our core values
We treat each another with respect and communicate openly. We foster collaboration while encouraging individual contribution and responsibility. We encourage the best ideas to surface from anywhere within the organisation. We appreciate the value of multiple perspectives and aim for a values-driven culture based on integrity, respect and teamwork.
We are committed to excellence in everything we do and continually strive to improve across the organisation. We are passionate about achieving results that exceed expectations – our own and those of others. We drive for positive results with energy and a sense of urgency. We seek new opportunities and out-of-the-ordinary solutions. We use our creativity to find unexpected and practical ways to solve problems. Our experience, technology and perseverance enable us to overcome challenges and deliver value.
We are honest with ourselves and others. We meet the highest ethical standards in all our business dealings. We do what we say and always keep our word. We accept responsibility and hold ourselves accountable for our work and our actions. We encourage a culture of zero tolerance to fraud and corruption and are responsible corporate citizens.
We have a business mind set within the organisation which promotes profitability, efficiency and the implementation of best practice business processes.
We have an unwavering commitment to being a good corporate partner focused on building productive, collaborative, trusting and beneficial relationships with governments, other companies, our customers and our communities.
We will endeavour to create a clean, safe and healthy workplace and environment. All aspects of our business are managed in a safe and environmentally responsible manner in accordance with statutory requirements.