To ensure efficiency of supply of petroleum products to Botswana, Botswana Oil Limited (BOL) will execute a product diversification strategy and implement various projects. These include but are not limited to:
- Exploring Gas to Liquid (GTL) and Coal to Liquid (CTL) technologies as a means to attain Botswana’s fuel self-sufficiency;
- Implementation of the Mobile Filling Stations (MFS) project to achieve equitable access of petroleum products in Botswana;
- Shedding of 49% of BOL shares to the public and
- Expansion of BOL product offering to include aviation fuel and lubricants.
- Expansion of the storage capacity of Francistown depot by 30 million litres and conversion of tanks to store cleaner fuels (50 PPM and ULP 95).